Sunday, September 11, 2011

Healthy and Tasty Dessert

I got this recipe from my mom--and it is soooo tasty! And a lot healthier than many other cakes or brownies. I thought I'd share the recipe here.

Chocolate Zucchini Cake
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup white sugar
1/4 cup butter
1 whole egg
1 egg white
1/4 cup oil
1/2 tsp. vanilla

Cream these ingredients together in a bowl. In a separate bowl, combine the following ingredients:

1 1/4 cup whole wheat flour (I did half of this wheat and half of this white)
1/4 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking soda
1/4 cup cocoa powder

Blend all of these together, and then add to the wet ingredients and mix.

Then add:
1 1/4 cup grated zucchini, and mix well.
Pour into a greased 9x9 pan, and sprinkle chocolate chips and walnuts on top (I did sliced almonds--I also added chocolate chips IN the cake as well as on top--it's yummy with a little extra chocolate).
Bake for 30-35 minutes at 325.

Enjoy the healthy (or at least, healthier) deliciousness!


3 comments:

  1. Oh--and a little tip. Be careful not to overcook it. It is hard to tell if it's done because of the lack of fat. Just stick a fork in there and see if it jiggles. Cooking it too long will make it dry.

    ReplyDelete